So the big day has arrived, your tacos have arrived at your doorstep and you are filled with excitement to tuck into your meal. All that is left to do is prepare your food fiesta in 5 minutes!
Unpack and separate your ingredients, we have labelled some of them for ease.
- First, cut a small corner from the Birria beef packaging and pour the consomme liquid into a separate pan.
- Heat the consomme over medium heat until it starts to simmer and the oil has incorporated into the liquid.
- Empty the beef into another pan and cook over medium heat for 4-6 minutes until piping hot throughout, adding a splash of the cooked consomme if the mixture gets too dry.*
- Turn the pan to high heat and add some oil if you desire a crispier tortilla (this also helps if your pan isn't completely. non-stick). Dip the tortilla in the consomme liquid, then place in the pan to fry for 30-45 seconds. Flip the tortilla with a spatula and place on the cooked meat.**
- Cook for a further 30-45 seconds and repeat with the other tortillas.
- Top with your onions and corriander and serve with a pot of the consomme for dipping!
*If you have ordered a Build Your Own Fiesta (BYOF) then just follow steps 1-3 to cook the meat & step 4 to cook the tortillas.
** If you have ordered a Birria Beef Quesadilla, at this stage add the cheese before placing another tortilla on top, flip and cook for another 30-45 seconds.